我怎么感觉gale的样子变了

本帖最后由 cora 于 2010-11-20 23:32 编辑

回复 275# andrea1014
谢谢Andrea的视频照{:3_285:}

Metro Source刚刚发布了Gale的新采访:

HOT FOR TEACHER
http://www.metrosource.com/IssueEdition.aspx
(翻译 by Cora)

Gale Harold will forever be one of the “People We Love” for his portrayal of charismatic Brian Kinney in Showtime’s Queer as Folk. With his new role as serious law professor Julian Parish on the CW’s Hellcats putting him back on our screens, we checked in on him to find that the ghost of Brian is still haunting him, even after all these years.
Gale Harold演绎的Brian Kinney永远是我们心爱的人物。作为Hellcats的法律教授Julian,他又重新回到我们的荧幕。我们跟他聊了下,发现Brian的影子在这些年后依然伴随着他。

Tell us a little bit about Julian.
告诉我们关于Julian这个角色吧。

Julian’s a law professor. He’s teaching a pre-law class, and that’s where he runs into Marti, [but] he doesn’t take her seriously because — where he’s coming from — pre-law students aren’t cheerleaders.
Julian是个法律教授。他有一个预科班,正是在那里他遇到了Mari,但他没有把她当回事因为他自己的经历告诉他,法律预科班上是不会有啦啦队员的。

Would you say this is a slightly more cerebral character for you?
你觉得这对于你来说是一个很理性的角色吗?

Well, all my characters are cerebral; it’s just nobody knows about it.
呃,我的角色都很理性的,只是没人发现而已。

Okay, how about slightly more cynical?
好吧,这个角色有点愤世嫉俗?

I think that might be the challenge a little bit, because I’m a slightly cynical person. That comes pretty easily for me and I do think he has quite a bit of cynicism, but I don’t want it to stop the story. You know what I mean? I don’t want it to prevent me from allowing other things to come through. I think his cynicism and idealism are an interesting mix.
嗯那是个小小的挑战,因为我本身也有这样的性格,所以演起来比较轻松。我觉得他挺愤青的,但不会太过分。你明白我的意思吗? 我不想因为演绎他这一点而忽略其他东西,我觉得他的愤世嫉俗和他的理想主义是个有趣的结合。

He’s a cynical idealist, then.
那他是个带着批判眼光的理想主义者?

That’s a great way to put it. And I think for him, someone on a cheerleader scholarship is not gonna be with him on that.
这个说法也不错。我能理解他,他肯定不待见一个拿着啦啦队奖学金来读法律的学生。

Is there a potential romantic relationship between Julian and Marti?
Julian和Martin会发展出感情戏吗?

People who come up against each other and butt heads for whatever reason: they’re going to be in the same circumstances, the same room, over and over again. And if they have similar interests, there’s always going to be that potential for a spark. Romance is a part of drama and a part of life, for that matter, but I don’t know how that’s going to play out.
两个经常争论的人会一次又一次地产生摩擦。如果他们的出发点是相似的,也会有迸发火花的可能。浪漫是戏剧的也是生活的一部分,但我真的不知道故事会发展成怎样。

How does it feel to be back on a series again?
再次回到电视剧的感觉怎样?

It feels good. It feels good to be working and to have the kind of material that keeps you interested — in the sense that this character is very different for me.
不错,重新投入工作并且遇到个有趣的剧本——虽然这个角色和我很不一样。

You had a serious motorcycle accident in 2008 that prevented you from working for a while. How are you doing now?
2008年的时候你遇到一场严重的摩托车事故,导致你不得不停止工作。你现在感觉怎样?

I’m perfectly perfect. Actually, I’m 99.9 percent perfect. I was very fortunate. It’s good to know that you can survive a little blip to your well-being and come back.
棒极了。事实上,我已经99.9%康复。能够死里逃生并痊愈让我感觉很幸运。

How long was your recovery?
你用了多少时间来康复呢?

I recovered pretty quickly. I was sort of back to functioning in a general sense in three months, but ... I had to play a lot of mind games with myself just to test my cognitive functions and my memory and make sure that I wasn’t going to have any gaps. If you’re an actor, you have to be able to memorize lots of material, and then just be able to let it go; so that was my main concern. To go on stage and to be hit with a light, how would that affect me? What would my balance be like?
其实挺快的。大概三个月后我就能正常活动了,但。。。我还必须进行许多神智训练来测试我的认知能力和记忆能力是否恢复。如果你是一个演员的话,你必须要有好的记忆力去背剧本,演完后再把它忘掉;那是我比较担心的方面,舞台上镁光灯打在身上的时候我会受到影响吗?我的平衡能力会恢复得怎样?

Did the accident affect your acting in any way?
这场意外有没有影响到你的演艺?

I definitely think it changed it. Whether it improved it or not, I wouldn’t be so presumptuous, but I think an event like that is so emotional and affects your emotions for a long time. ... I get angry at certain things now much more quickly than I did, but on the other hand, I’m a bit more understanding and accommodating. It was a gift and a blessing at the same time. Perhaps it had to do with learning that new part of life that comes with survival, and all the fear that comes in with that. Maybe that sank down into my bones and my heart and hopefully it comes out in the performance.
我相信它绝对改变了我。不管怎样,我不会再那么冒失了,不过一场这样的事故会在很长一段时间里影响你的情绪。。。我现在对某些事情更容易动怒,但另一方面,我又变得更冷静和沉着。这算是因祸得福吧。劫后重生让我学会生命新的意义。也许它会沉淀到我的骨子里,我的心底,然后在我的表演中散发出来。

We can’t get away without asking about Queer as Folk. What the show’s legacy for you?
我们还是很想谈谈Queer As Folk,它给你带来了什么?

I was terrified of taking on this sort of sexual/political stance. There’s always, in my mind, this hesitancy to speak as Gale Harold about the life of this man, Brian Kinney, that I’m playing and how that relates to society and the gay community at large.
It seemed at the time that a lot of people couldn’t differentiate between Brian and Gale.    Well this is the thing: When you’re an actor and you get a big break and you’re young —  I mean, I had just turned 30 when I started the show ... Nobody knew me, which was amazing, in a way, for the show, because you see that person for the first time when they’re playing that character so you believe it more. ... The legacy of the show was having all these people come up to us over the years and thank us for giving them characters to watch and to relate to. They saw themselves.  That’s kind of overwhelming to hear that. It’s very meaningful, and it’s heartbreaking, and it’s inspiring, but ... it was a heavy and awesome responsibility and I wanted to get it right.
我挺害怕回答这种带有性取向/政治立场的问题。当我作为Gale Harold需要谈及到这个男人,Brian Kinney,的时候,我总会有所犹豫,考虑到我的回答会给受众和同性恋群体带来怎样的影响。
似乎在很长一段时间里面观众分不清楚哪个是Brian哪个是Gale。事实是: 当你是个年轻的演员然后忽然间你的关注度直线飙升——那时候我才刚刚30岁。。。没有人认识我,这是件好事因为当观众第一次在荧幕上看到我的时候会更接受我所饰演的角色。…这部剧给我带来的是,这些年过后还会不断有人来支持我们,感谢我们的演出,因为这些角色让人们看到了自己。这些对于一个演员来说实在意义非凡,充满启发和激励。。。但这同时带来沉重的责任,让我更想把自己的工作做好。

And now a metrosource.com exclusive, more from Gale Howard:
更多关于Gale Howard(咳咳…)的小问题:

ON HIS HELLCATS CHARACTER DEALING WITH LIARS…
Julian教授对于撒谎者的态度…

GALE HAROLD: He can’t help but notice that he deals with liars; he deals with different kinds of charlatans all the time.  But he still believes that justice and social issues are the most important thing and he has a responsibility to take them on because he has access to the court system and power there.
Gale Haorld: 他知道自己要跟说谎者打交道,他一直在跟江湖骗子周旋。他同时也相信社会公义是最重要的事情,他觉得自己应该承担这个责任,因为他的职业和能力。

ON GETTING TURNED ON BY LEARNING…
不断学习对他的吸引力…

GH: I remember being a student and I remember being around people that were so much on your mind and they were so brilliant, you know? And I thought “That’s what I want to be.” It’s very, very seductive. I think when you’re watching two people in that situation, your minds going to go there.
GH: 我记得当我是个学生的时候,身边都被一些很聪明的人包围着,那种感觉很棒,你知道吗? 我那时候想“我也要成为那样”。那是非常具有吸引力的。当你看着那种情况下的两个人,你也会被感染到。

ON THE PITFALLS OF HIS CHARACTER ROMANCING A STUDENT…
关于他的角色是否会和学生发生绯闻…

GH: I think the last thing he would do is squander his position by doing something inappropriate. He doesn’t want to put himself in that position, but more importantly he does believe that his students are his charges and he’s responsible for their well-being, as well as their education.  He wouldn’t do anything that would undermine that. On the other hand, who knows? For drama, those could be some great circumstances for everything to go wrong.
GH: 我想Julian不会去做一些不适合的事情而让自己陷入困境。他不想惹上麻烦,而且更重要的是他相信他对自己的学生负有责任,不仅是他们的教育,还有他们的成长。他不会让任何事情影响到这个。另一方面,谁知道呢? 在电视剧的世界里任何事情都有可能发生。

ON PLAYING POKER FACED CHARACTERS…
关于饰演冷漠的角色…

GH: don’t want to come across sort of one-note cynical; I don’t want to come across totally disengaged, so finding those moments of connection between myself and other characters … a lot of the characters I’ve played have been so kind of poker-faced and sort of one step ahead. They always seem to know more than anybody else so you can’t get a grip on them. I really feel with Julian, because he’s an academic and an instructor, you really have to feel and understand what he’s saying without it being obvious. It’s the key to that part.
GH: …不想把角色塑造得太过冷酷,或者太过散漫,所以我要去找自己身上和角色的共同点…我饰演的很多角色都比较酷,而且比较世故,好像总是比别人懂得多,让人猜不透。Julian这个角色让我挺有共鸣,他是个学者和导师,你要明白和感受他所说的话,但又不能表现得太明显。

ON THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PLAYING BRIAN KINNEY…
关于诠释Brian Kinney的责任…

GH: I wanted to get it right. And that feeling only increased as the show went on. That I was not part of this world, and yet I was responsible for portraying it. And the thing about Brian was, he was great to play because he did not give a shit about what anybody else thought of him. He had to find a way to survive. This is how I’m going to live my life and you can take it or leave it. I don’t care. And he loved it! He loved that feeling.  He scared the shit out of me the first couple of years. I really didn’t think I was pulling it off.
GH: 我想把这个角色诠释好。越到QAF的后面这种使命感越强。我并不是那个世界的一份子,但我要去诠释它。Brian这个角色演起来挺爽的,因为他从来不在意人家对他的看法。他要找到适合自己的生存方式: 我就是要这样生活,你爱怎样怎样,我不在乎。他喜欢这样的感觉! 头几年演QAF的时候他把我吓得不得了,我觉得自己没办法把他演得很好。

TOM AND LORENZO: Even now?
现在还是这样认为?

GALE: I’m starting to feel a little bit more like I can believe that. That I can trust that what I did was honest and good. My attempts were honest, but I’m never quite comfortable saying  “I pulled it off.”
GH: 现在感觉好一点了,会更信任自己对他的演绎。我的努力是真诚的,但我还是不能百分百地说“我演得很好了”。

***全文完***

咳咳...谢谢Gale Howard先生{:3_234:} 名字又被搞错了哈...

评分人数

• hpl

本帖最后由 cora 于 2010-11-19 17:21 编辑

先上截图:

教授回来啦

真销魂 XD

这一集还可以看到Gale/Julian写板书{:3_207:}

更多截图:http://www.gale-harold.it/hellcats-1x10/

第10集Gale的戏份剪辑: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFZP74YzMes

太棒了,Julian教授又回归了,如果他是我的老师,恐怕我上课没法儿专心听讲了。Gale的戏份如果能多点再多点就好了,这个男人实在太有魅力了......

我的最最最最最亲爱得回来了!

为了G大才跟Hellcats的  结果好几集都没有Gale 的身影  心痛

希望他 赶紧 在 演个新戏吧
HELLCATS 我不是很喜欢啊

看来我发重复了,请版主删了吧……很抱歉。

QAF中毒太深了,每次看到Gale在其他片子里,就奇怪"Brian,你在这里干嘛"。。。

回复 291# defame
不会啊~让更多人看到更好~

QAF中毒太深了,每次看到Gale在其他片子里,就奇怪"Brian,你在这里干嘛"。。。
cocotiti 发表于 2010-11-20 15:18

我最近看到很雷的图都会念“妖精,你在这里干嘛”。。。

本帖最后由 lili2010 于 2010-11-20 22:48 编辑

第10集的G大,好青春,好帅。
再次落入G阱,看来我是没有解脱之日了。

PS:各位亲
有G大出演的剧集在下面的网站上是能下载的。
http://www.gale-harold.it/english/home.php

可这次的第10集,我下不了(已经试了4天了)
我哭,我哭,我大哭。。。。
哪位能下的亲,能告知是怎么回事。

本帖最后由 cora 于 2010-11-20 23:49 编辑

采访中文翻译好了~~在285楼{:3_250:}
最喜欢Gale说的这句:
Perhaps it had to do with learning that new part of life that comes with survival, and all the fear that comes in with that. Maybe that sank down into my bones and my heart and hopefully it comes out in the performance.
{:3_204:}

回复 294# lili2010
意大利网站给的Megaupload我也打不开...
还有另外一个http://www.fileserve.com/file/tYP7HjT 貌似可以

回复 286# cora

別客氣啦{:3_246:}

剛看完新的截圖
發現PROFESSOR寫字蠻好看的{:3_255:}
越來越喜歡上教授著角色{:3_292:}

回复 295# cora

谢谢!
终于能看到第10集了。

(不知这算不算从发。)
看过第10集的亲们,不知是否有同感,我觉得它大大的考验了我心脏的承受力。

看到教授对Marti强势时,好像高傲的B大重现,那个爽呀!!!

突然想起某童鞋的贴,说G的戏份可能会很少。没有了Marti课,是不是意味着就到此结束了呢?
我虽只挑有G大的剧集看,可能看到总比那无期的等待强。我那颗心呀,,,,

当看到教授向Marti道歉,当光明又重现的同时,

突然,B大怎么能道歉呢,,,
我那别扭呀,,,,
都快成S形的大妈了。
我叹。。。。。

本帖最后由 defame 于 2010-11-23 10:01 编辑

cora真是个勤劳的人。翻译对于我来说是件苦工。
我最喜欢他说的:“I get angry at certain things now much more quickly than I did, but on the other hand, I’m a bit more understanding and accommodating.“
感觉很耐人寻味。

回复 299# defame
嗯这句我也读了几次,不知道他说的对某些事情更容易动气是指的什么呢...{:3_262:}
不过他对粉丝的态度,的确更加understanding和accommodating了~~

回复 296# andrea1014
哈哈 Gale在Particles of Truth里面也趴在方向盘上面用铅笔写字,那字也是跟教授的板书一样歪歪扭扭的很有爱{:3_248:}

• 三国群英传私服
  •